MANARAT INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Department of Law
Manarat International University (MIU) is a leading private university started in 2001, aiming to be a center of academic and moral excellence. We provide quality education at an affordable cost through its registered campus at Gulshan and Mirpur-1.
Department of Law
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) Hons.
Why Manarat Law Department?
Law shapes politics, economics, and society in various ways and serves as a mediator of relations between people. Taking into account the importance of law in modern times, the curriculum of a 4-year LLB (Hons.) Bachelor Program, has been designed and developed with a good number of faculties and to meet up that goal special arrangements are being made…
- to equip the students of law to join the legal profession;
- to make them good academics, administrators, judges and leaders.
- to provide students access to leading law journals, reports and textbooks.
The objectives of the LLB program are but not limited to:
• help students develop inter-disciplinary approach for raising the personality and the intellectual ability to understand the society and the human situation in a changing social order;
• produce competent and conscientious students of law who would absorb and master the theory of law, its philosophy, its function and its role in a society; and
• develop personnel in law-related professions who possess the knowledge, competency and experience necessary to keep abreast of new developments in law.
MIU LLB (Hons.) Program is comprised of General Education (GED) and legal core courses. To obtain Bachelor degree from the Department of Law, a student must successfully complete a minimum of 144 credits, including 24 credits of General Education courses (GED) and 120 credits of departmental courses.
The Academic year consists of three semesters: Spring, Summer and Fall. The Spring starts in January and ends in April. The Summer commences in May and ends in August and the span of Fall semester is from September to December.
Attractive areas where graduates can get employment after completion of Bachelor of Laws:
- Judges or Judicial Magistrates in Judicial Service
- Legal practitioners
- Legal Advisor
- Law officer in corporate body
- Legal researchers
- NGO-NPO & Multi National Organisations
- Public Servantsa
Accreditation, Affiliation & Collaboration
University Grants Commission (UGC) and Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh, approved all degree programs of the University. Negotiations for academic collaboration with internationally reputed Universities are in progress.
Admission Requirements & Eligibility
• Minimum GPA 2.50 both in SSC and HSC Examinations. Or,
• Minimum GPA 2.00 in SSC or HSC level but not less than GPA 6.00 in total. Or
• GCE 'O' Level in 5 subjects and 'A' Level in 2 subjects with at least 4 Bs and 3 Cs; or GPA 3.5. Or,
• USA High School Diploma, and
• Total GPA 5.00 in SSC and HSC Examinations or its equivalents for the Freedom Fighters' children.
Application forms are available at the Admission office/ information desk of MIU. One can also download the application form from our website (www.manarat.ac.bd). The admission test may be waived for an applicant having a score of 1100 or more in SAT. Students with TOEFL score of 500 or above are exempted from taking the English section of the admission test.
Special Program Features
• Highly qualified faculty from the leading public Universities of Bangladesh
• Speedy internet facility
• Well-equipped library with modern students’ facility
• Tuition fee waiver in the first semester for students on the basis of CGPA in SSC & HSC/two As in A level.
• Scholarship and/or financial assistance to at least 5% of the registered students falling under category of poor and meritorious group
• Credit transfer facilities from other Universities/ recognized institutions
• Regular student participation in seminars, different club activities and entrepreneurs
MIU tuition fees are competitive amongst the top ranking private universities in Bangladesh. The students must pay fees and other charges before seeking official registration. The fees for the 4 year Bachelor of Law program are as follows:
Admission Fee (one time) Tk. 1 2,000 = 12000
GED Courses (per credit) Tk. 1,300*24 = 31200
Departmental Courses (per credit) Tk. 1,400*120 =168000
Semester Fee (per semester) Tk.4000*12 = 48000
Total Fees Payable in 4 years : Tk.2, 59,200
Tuition Fee Waiver for Poor and Meritorious Students
Because of high tuition fees structure, education at most of the private universities is beyond the reach of the common people. In this situation, many poor but meritorious students cannot go for higher studies. Considering this fact, MIU has provisions for tuition fee concessions up to 100% on the basis of the students' academic result and financial position. MIU authority, following the rules set by the University Grants Commission (UGC), offers to poor and meritorious students tuition fee concession which is as follows:
*Criteria for Tuition Fee Waiver Based on SSC & HSC Results:
* GPA of 4th subject will not be included for waiver
Besides the above mentioned tuition fee concession MIU offers huge tuition fee waiver to the poor and meritorious students so that they can continue higher education at MIU.
Course Curriculum of LL.B.(Honours) Program
Law *** Clinical Legal Education (noncredit).
Md. Moeenuddin Islam
|2||Zubair Ahmed Bhuiyan||Assistant Professor and Head, Law|
|3||Md. Jiaor Rahman Munshi||Assistant Professor|
|4||Mir Abdul Halim||Assistant Professor|
|5||Abdullah Al Gani||Assistant Professor|
Hosne Ara Begum
|7||Md. Tasnim Ferdous||Lecturer in Law||